Following our survey on the future of Wednesday club run and our trial at Eton Manor Rugby Club, we have made a decision about how these will work going forward.
1) It's obvious from the survey that Eton Manor is a popular base, so in future all club runs except Club Colours Socials will start and finish at the rugby club.
2) Club Colours Social Runs - on the first Wednesday of each month - will start and finish at the pub we're holding that month's social in. This should make logistics easier for those driving or cycling to the run.
3) There will continue to be approximately 8 different pace groups, one for each 30-second range of paces. (8-8.30, 8.30-9 etc).
4) Group leaders can either plan their own route each week or they can choose to follow a suggested route planned by Michael Wilson.
5) We encourage all groups to stick together, so that no-one gets left behind. To ensure this happens, we're asking all runners to be as realistic as possible in their choice of pace group. We're also asking leaders to stop and regroup periodically if needed to ensure that the group stays together. We need to be an inclusive club and we don't want people getting left behind on runs.
6) Eton Manor Rugby Club will soon be opening an indoor area and/or heating outside, so we won't need to worry about freezing our way through winter.
Hopefully this covers anything, but feel free to ask any questions. Thank you to everyone who completed the survey. It was a fantastic response and really helped us to make these plans.
More details will follow in the next newsletter but we found a great venue for the Awards Night party and we wanted you to be able to Save the Date!
Saturday morning parkrun. At 9am FREE timed 5k runs/races at Wanstead Flats (Harrow Road), Roding Valley Recreation Ground (Loughton), Walthamstow (Peter May Sports Ground), Valentines Park, Ilford and many other venues across London, the UK and other Countries. Suitable for all levels from beginners to experienced runners.
First timers register at www.parkrun.com
Loughton AC look forward to welcoming runners to this 8km/5m cross country race for those in veteran age categories. Free entry but runners are asked to put a quid or two in the bucket to help them maintain/improve their club house. There is limited parking in nearby streets (Oakwood Hill, Roding Road South, River Way) and Loughton tube station is ten minutes' walk from the club house. Teams of 4 will be scored with Women's and Men's veteran competitions. Any non veterans running cannot score. The club house will be open for storage of kit/changing but no showers will be available. Names need to be submitted a week in advance, so please let Michael Wilson, Karan Gadhia or your race secretary know if you're intending to run. Roding Valley Parkrun starting from the same venue at 9am could be the ideal warm-up for this event.
The Southern Cross Country London Championship race will take place at Parliament Hill (nearest station is Gospel Oak) on Saturday 20 November and is open to all first claim members of ELR. If you're planning to race, the closing date for getting your names to Michael Wilson is Wednesday 3rd November. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Senior Women. 1.15pm. 6,000M.
Senior Men. 2.00pm. 10,000M.
This is a popular event and we usually have a good turnout from the club. (20 ELR in 2018 and 21 in 2019). A few people have already expressed their interest.
The club will enter you and pay your individual fee, however please ensure that you are available to run on the day.
This year's championship race will be held at Writtle University, Chelmsford (CM1 3RR) and will be hosted by Springfield Striders on Saturday 4 December. The closing date for entries is 21 November, so please give your details to Michael Wilson no later than 18 November.
And if you can't wait until then, don't forget the InterClub Vets XC race on Saturday 6 November at 11am hosted by Loughton Athletics Club or the Southern XC London Championship at Parliament Hill on Saturday 20 November.
East London Runners
Wanstead Leisure CentreRedbridge Lane WestWansteadLondonE11 2JZ
Monday: Track NightWednesday: Club RunSaturday: parkrunSunday: Long Run
Contact UsJoining the ClubWhat's OnResultsDistance Log